[meteorite-list] meteoritefragments.com

From: MikeG <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 12:27:26 -0500

Hi All,

I just checked again. My photos have been taken down and replaced
with others. So, my personal dog is out of this fight. :)

I still wouldn't touch anything on that website with the proverbial
10-foot pole.

Best regards,

MikeG

On 12/8/12, MikeG <meteoritemike at gmail.com> wrote:
> Meteoritefragments.com is a load of something - and it isn't meteorites.
>
> "Market leaders" don't need to steal other people's photos without
> permission.
>
> And I don't care who graduated from where with what kind of degree - a
> degree just implies how big somebody's bucket is. It says nothing
> about what that bucket is filled with. Apparently they didn't teach
> intellectual property theft or plagiarism at that university.
>
> Best regards,
>
> MikeG
>
> --
> Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com
> Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/galacticstone
> Twitter - http://twitter.com/GalacticStone
> Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/galacticstone
> RSS - http://www.galactic-stone.com/rss/126516
>

> On 12/8/12, Mendy Ouzillou <ouzillou at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Anyone else notice the completely incorrect captions associated with the
>> photos?
>>
>> Can we just call this person out for what they are? SWINDLER.
>>
>> They sell cheap real meteorites to lend credibility to their more
>> expensive
>> fake stuff.
>>
>> Next question: how do we shut them down on eBay?
>>
>> Mendy Ouzillou
>>
>> On Dec 8, 2012, at 8:42 AM, Gary Fujihara <fujmon at mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> What is curious to me about this website, is that the owner is using my
>> photos without permission. However, I allow use of my photos of
>> meteorites
>> that I have sold, to the person I have sold them to. This permission has
>> no
>> implied transferability.
>>
>> But I object most to this website offering a Winona meteorite fragment
>> that
>> I sold. It shows the exact same fragment, in a photo taken by me. The
>> problem is that the fragment was sold to another person, who verified to
>> me
>> personally that they still have in their possession.
>>
>> gary
>>
>> On Dec 8, 2012, at 6:23 AM, Bob Loeffler <bobl at peaktopeak.com> wrote:
>>
>>> And the website's About Us page says:
>>>
>>> "Meteoritefragments.com is a British company that was originally formed
>>> in
>>> 1996 by Alexandra Douthwaite who graduated with a geological science
>>> degree
>>> at Edinburgh university in the same year. Since then the company has
>>> grown
>>> from strength to strength with a vast collection of all types of
>>> meteorites
>>> and is now one of the market leaders in the sale of genuine meteorite
>>> fragments."
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Bob L

>>> 2424