[meteorite-list] Ad LDG price lowered plus Haag labled Canyon Diablo other goodies

From: Mike Jensen <meteoriteplaya_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 18:03:35 -0600

Hi List
Several items of interest on my list today. So make sure you go all
the way to the bottom.
I will be gone Sat, Sun and Monday. So please be patient if you email
me during this time period.

I have a very well sculpted Canyon Diablo with a historic label. This
1190 gram beauty has an original Robert A Haag Meteorites with his old
Michigan Ave. address in Tucson stamped on the back. You really do not
see his label too much as he did not always include a label with the
purchase.
1190 g $785.00
https://picasaweb.google.com/109538410126952617536/August302012

Also decide to lower the price on the LDG I offered last week;
Here is a great lot of LDG that I purchased some years ago. Each piece
has been professionally cleaned. So most will not have the reddish
tint that is common with the typical LDG. I am trying to sell this
quickly so I have dropped the price down to lower that I have ever
seen it. The lot has had all the highest grade pieces removed but there
are still plenty of individuals that should sell for over $1 per gram.
Please look here for pictures of the typical quality of material available:
https://picasaweb.google.com/109538410126952617536/LDG

Prices are:
500 grams -1kg 35 cents/gram reduced to 30 cents
1kg - 5kg 30 cents/gram reduced to 25 cents
5kg - 25kg 25 cents/gram reduced to 20 cents
25kg - 50kg 20 cents/gram reduced to 15 cents

Shipping is extra. If you plan on coming to the Denver show next month
let me know and I will deliver it to you
there for no charge.

Here are several other previous offers:
Pictures for pieces below can be seen here;
https://picasaweb.google.com/109538410126952617536/May242012

Allende CV3 Fall 1969 Mexico
Thick slice 13.1 g at 8$/g $105.00
Here are several thin slices. Though the price per gram is high the
surface area is exceptional.
0.59 g $44.00
0.70 g $52.50
0.51 g $38.25

Bilanga Diogenite Fall 1999 Burkina Faso More super thin slices.
0.48 g $36.00
0.54 g $40.50
0.38 g $28.50

Millbillillie Eucrite Fall 1960 Australia Only one thin slice
0.22 g $25.00

NWA 3118 CV3 Another thin one
0.21g 25.00

Wagon Mound L6 New Mexico
39.4 g $69.00

Campo Tree Wire tied Campo del Cielo chips on a hematite base. These
were sold by Hans Kosher years ago. He sold them out quickly but I
managed to buy a few from him. If I remember correctly he mentioned
that they had 10 grams of Campos in each tree. Each comes in a
presentation box as pictured. I have several of these available.
Price is $17.50 each.

Pictures for pieces below can be seen here;
https://picasaweb.google.com/109538410126952617536/May17201202

Udei Station IAB-ungr Om Tons of silicates in this little piece.
16.6 g $110

Huckitta Pallasite Super thin slice. Has "Rocks on Fire" label.
4.9 $9.00

Unclassified NWA Mostly NWA 869 but at least two that are different.
212 g $65.00

Chergach Stone H5 fell 2007 Mali
Dealer lot
280.8 g $600.00

Taza(NWA 859) Iron ungrouped Super thin etched slice. See Whole iron below.
13.5 g $135.00

Gibeon Jewelry pieces. I have several of these. They are etched and
coated with some very thick "glop" that certainly would have to be
removed with a solvent before they could be used. Only the largest
piece is shown.
$13.50 each or all for $9 each

Camel Donga Eucrite
65.5 g $800

Pictures for pieces below can be seen here;
https://picasaweb.google.com/109538410126952617536/May102012

Campo Del Cielo Iron IAB Og Argentina
Huge high quality whole iron below wholesale.
16 kg $1750

Nice smaller whole iron with great character.
3.64 kg $400.00

Nice silicated end cut. Contains some tiny olivine so it could be
called pallasitic. Does have a couple of rust spots.
432 g $432.00

NWA 869 Gotta be one of the largest slices available for sale.
971 g $700.00

NWA unclassified lot. Ex Mark Bostick label
35.4 g $15.00

Taza(NWA 859) Iron ungrouped Whole Iron
31.6 g $125.00

Zag Stone H3-5 Fell 1998 Western Sahara
4 stone lot
259 g $200.00
small fragment lot
222 g $160.00

Philippinites Tektites Flat piece is very chipped. The photo does not
show that very well.
74.5 g $45.00

Pultusk Meteorite Coin Cook Islands - Pultusk Meteorite Fragment - $5
- 2008 - Palladium - Proof Silver Crown - Box & COA
$120.00

Nantan Meteorite Coin Palau - Genuine Nantan Meteorite Proof Silver
Crown - 2006 - $5 - Box & COA
$120.00

Pictures for pieces below can be seen here;
https://picasaweb.google.com/109538410126952617536/May32012

Kunashak L6 Fell June 1949 Very nice thin slices probably around 1mm or less.
0.514g $36.00
0.337g $23.00
0.291g $20.00

Seymchan Pallasite Russia Very thin metal slice. No olivine in this one.
32.2 g $58.00

Stannern Stone Eucrite Fell 1808 Micro thin slices.
0.185g = $67.00
0.068g = $25.00
0.061g = $22.00

Use the URLs below to view the photos;

Canyon Diablo Whole iron. Has previous collection numbers including
MSA #920 and HM 86. I believe MSA is an abbreviation for Mineralogical
Society of Arizona{http://www.mineralogicalsocietyarizona.org/}. The
second number is from the Harold Michel mineral collection. Piece
includes original label and information card from Harold Michel.
Michel notes that he paid $35 for it from a MSA auction on Feb. 4, 1978.
Nice piece of mineral/meteorite history.
722 grams $425.00
https://picasaweb.google.com/109538410126952617536/April92012#5729585546278030530
https://picasaweb.google.com/109538410126952617536/April92012#5729585572074491202

Mike