[meteorite-list] One hundred and forty-seven ago, Shergotty fell in Bihar, India... (ad)

From: Kevin Kichinka <marsrox_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 04:28:21 -0600

..... and if you search the literature, very little detail is
available regarding the circumstances of this August 25, 1865 fall of
an iconic Mars meteorite.

But that is about to change.

Most list-members know that I have uncovered the complete story after
literally hundreds of hours spent sifting through a thousand 19th
century archived documents written by civil servants of the British
Raj.

I began collecting copies of original documents on this challenging
historical event in 2003. Personal details into the lives of the
'players' were discovered only in the last months as it all came
together. It is a wildly colorful tale like no other.

I am certain that the story of the fall of Shergotty will assume a
lofty rank among the legendary lore of meteorites.

Background of the event has appeared in the May issue of 'Meteorite
Magazine.' However the incredible conclusion, planned to honor the
fall's anniversary, 'didn't qualify' for inclusion in this month's
issue.

No worries. Read on to the bottom of this message and see how you can
obtain the entire fantastic story!

Team Meteorite:

re: scheduled release for 'The Global Meteorite Price Report - 2013'.

Since 1995, I have prepared reports estimating the value of each
meteorite in my collection. The results were a true snapshot of each
year's market values and gave me an idea of over-all trends in price,
availability and popularity.

In 2005, realizing this work would benefit others, I began offering a
more comprehensive report at a modest price to collectors and dealers
with average retail values for 85 different meteorites.

I expanded the survey to 121 meteorites in 2008.

For 2011, I covered 185 species of meteorites plus the prices of their
'permutations', i.e. whether specimens were individuals, slices or
fragments. Since I began this endeavor, each subsequent report has
sold more copies than the last with many dealers and collectors
becoming repeat buyers. I've had requests to offer it more frequently,
but it takes months to compile and prices are not that fluid. I humbly
believe it has become one of the most valuable 'tools' you can
purchase to enhance your collection or dealer experience.

I have begun to outline this next effort, and I will manually review
over 15,000 individual data points having already identified 305 of
the most popular meteorites to sample for dealer availability and
pricing. "The Global Meteorite Pricing Report - 2013" with have
expanded coverage of NWA's, tektites and my always unbiased and
pointed commentary on the present state and future direction of this
hobby. I accept no advertising and favor no dealer.

The multi-page document will be transmitted as an email attachment
converted to Adobe upon my receiving payment in Paypal.

'Making lemonade out of lemons,' I will be including the full
'uncensored' version of "The Rise of the Raj and the Fall of
Shergotty".

Expect to hear more about the price and publishing schedule of "The
Global Meteorite Pricing Report - 2013" in early December.

>From Nine Degrees North...

Kevin Kichinka
Santa Ana, Costa Rica
Marsrox at gmail.com