[meteorite-list] [IMCA] Meteorites FROM Earth

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 9:36:41 -0400

Gary, I have a question.
You said;
" The escape velocity for the excavated material from asteroid impact
 would be moving far too slowly to make it to another star system. The
 same would be true for impacts in another star system to reach ours.
 This would be impossible."
What about Comets such as Haley's? Do they stay completely within our star system or do they travel beyond it?
If so, couldn't they produce meteorites that land on various bodies?
Carl
meteoritemax

--
Cheers