[meteorite-list] whole Mars water (in surface minerals) relief map -- huge impact areas with same age fresh craters -- impact with core stream of Taurid ice comet fragments? Rich Murray 2012.08.21

From: Rich Murray <rmforall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 23:32:47 -0700

whole Mars water (in surface minerals) relief map -- huge impact areas
with same age fresh craters -- impact with core stream of Taurid ice
comet fragments? Rich Murray 2012.08.21

Hello Ron Baalke,

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/spaceimages/details.php?id=PIA16083

whole Mars surface relief with water content in surface minerals from
3% red to 7% purple,
with MSL Curiosity at 136.7 -4.3 deg inside NW part of Gale Crater,
1287x967 px tif image 3.6 MB

An absolute geology novice, I was immediately struck by the cluster of
large, uniformly sharp, fresh looking craters in a huge central blue
region with a green edge, -20 to 60 deg longitude -30 to 45 deg
latitude, which in Google Picasa can be magnified with Ctrl + , about
four widths,

and similar features in the closeup view that incudes Gale Crater,
at 132 to 144 deg longitude, -12 to -2 deg latitude

On Earth, such comet fragment storms are megaton level air bursts a
few km above the surface, while in the much thinner gas of Mars, most
would be, at a guess, a multitude of rather clean surface explosions
without prior deep penetration, producing a collective outward surge
of very dense dirty water and steam, comparable to an oceanic shore
tsunami.

On Mars, such regions would show a multitude of fresh shallow simple
craters, with tsunami scale erosion and redeposition, evidence for a
single unique event in time for each region.

http://craterhunter.wordpress.com/ Dennis Cox paradigm

within mutual service, Rich Murray
http://rmforall.blogspot.com

See also: www.cosmictusk.blog

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2268163/Paleolithic%20extinctions.pdf
free full text 7 pages
W. M. Napier, Taurid ice comet fragment swarm paradigm 2010 March 3