[meteorite-list] World Record Rain Temperature Set Here - Happy Hunting!

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 16:57:29 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List Members,

I hope nobody is meteorite hunting in the Mohave this time of year.? A small town called Needles a few minutes down the road from here in Laughlin, Nevada set a new world temperature record last Monday.? The record was for 115 degree rain fall. This blows away the old world record of 109 degrees set in Saudi Arabia. The air temperature before the rain storm must have been well over 130 degrees to achieve this feat.

Here is an interesting link:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/08/15/1120457/-115-F-World-Record-Hot-Rain-Hits-Needles-CA-Storm-Starts-Fire

If you scroll down, you will see an image of the Haboob dust storm that moved through here on the 11th.? This has been one weird Summer with all the extreme heat, Monsoons and a Haboob.

Speaking of heat, can anybody recommend a personal air-conditioning unit like the ones race car drivers use?? The units that pump ice water through tubes in a vest.? I could sure use one!

Happy Hunting,

Adam