[meteorite-list] Possible meteorites found after bang, light - Winnipeg Free Press

From: Sean T. Murray <stm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 17:53:43 -0400

Wow.

She has been contacting me A LOT via facebook all week regarding her finds.
The one picture she sent me looks like a yellowed river/glacier worn quartz
rock, and this one is just odd... maybe volcanic? She is convinced they are
lunars (as are all new meteorite hunters).

It's been an odd conversation, so I thought it was worth repeating some of
the statements here:

Per Nicole Nixon:

"
Two tons of meteorites fell in 2005 and another two thousand for the 2009
perseid. messed up the wildlife some. yes, i showed with robert bateman. one
of the best in north america

The party is over. Just found meteorites from this area being sold by Geoff
[Notkin] on the internet as meteorites found in Australia. It was printed
and copies will be sent as part of a report to the National Minister of
Heritage and the National Minister of Justice. He was responsible for a
five year old child almost being killed. Two carloads of women and children
were driven off roads and one child was in the hospital for over one month.
When fencing was reinforced, he sent down individuals with chainsaws to cut
through it and other to shoot at no trespassing signs. This is being
reported to National Authorities who are waiting for photos and a full
report.
This is not Saskatchewan. The area has a reputation. His photos are posted
in all small local stores with targets drawn on them. He will be charged by
the Government of Canada for inciting violence, endangerment, theft and the
organizing of exportation. We get our hands on him, and what is left of him
will be on you tube.

Last person that got on everybody's nerves in the area, was tied to a tree
with barbed wire. He stayed there for two days until someone felt guilty and
let him go. Not worried about it, three of my boys went to prison for
homicide. No many coming our way. not many.

Already getting calls to arrange for hunts and splits. Would you please talk
to your associate who does testing? If he can head on down to see this, a
three way split can be determined. The large ones I just found are mine, but
the rest is negotiable.

Apparently this happens every year as the placement of the planets and the
lands, along with the magnetic belt, combine to deliver.

As long as they are verified to be lunar meteorites, I'll keep mine in
Canada. No sense in flooding the American Market. I am not picking any
more. The meteorite shower of 2009 was said to be like rain in this area. I
was wondering why so many of our neighbors were heading off to Winnipeg for
a few days.
"

So casual hunters beware ;-) And Geoff - find somewhere else to vacation
for a while :-)

Anyone want to volunteer to contact this lady to test her rocks? I told her
to just contact Jeff Young with a physical sample, per the article. She
pinged me seconds after the post from Thunder.

Sean.