[meteorite-list] Gibeon Anvil Full Slices, first time ever on the market

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 17:08:52 -0700 (PDT)

Very interesting, This "Anvil" was in my personal collection over a decade ago.? I called it the "Gator" because it looked like an alligator's head to me at the time.? I even etched a small two inch circular window on it to make sure it was indeed Gibeon when I acquired it.? It took me a year to figure out its odd twisted shape and bent over metal was from being hammered repeatably and was not natural. I remember lugging it to the Denver show in 2002 where I left it in the care of Blaine Reed who found a new owner in 2003.

The "Gator" has now resurfaced to take another bite.

Take Care,

Adam