[meteorite-list] Introducing a spectacular new Mesosiderite Meteorite NWA 6953 -AD

From: Mendy Ouzillou <ouzillou_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 07:32:23 -0700

John,

Congrats on this new meteorite. I saw your eBay listing yesterday and was initially surprised it was listed as a meso since it looks very much like some of my fave meteorites, NWA 6392 & 6290, a brecciated diogenite. You can see pics here: http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/get_original_photo.php?recno=5656061, http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/get_original_photo.php?recno=5658147

Coincidentally, I also was reading the section just last night in Norton's Cambridge Encyclopedia of Meteorites about the link between mesosiderites and the HED group.

Mendy