[meteorite-list] Another way for online bidding

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 13:14:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone -

I have thought for a long time that it would be better for the meteorite community as a whole to have its own online bidding site. Perhaps the advances in software and computing have made this possible now; I don't know.

I had hoped that the IMCA might be the organization to do this; but now I don't know that as well.

Right now the met list is the only available tool for stopping frauds, both by the criminal as well as by the insane.

I assume many are trying to find parts of UARS now.

Good hunting, all -
E.P.