[meteorite-list] ebay restriction on international auctions of meteorites?

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 19:19:06 -0400

Hi Gary,

Wow, I have never seen that before. As if meteorite dealers didn't
already have enough reason to bail out on eBay, now they add another
reason to the growing pile.

Since almost half of my sales are international, I guess I won't be
returning to eBay any time soon. Of course, the greedy fees are
reason alone to keep me away.

I'm curious to see if this is a new policy going into effect and if
other sellers are seeing the same thing. I haven't sold meteorites on
eBay for two years, but I still buy some there on occasion - mostly
from overseas sellers. If these international listings vanish, then I
won't have any reason to visit eBay at all. If that happens, I'll
just go ahead and cancel/close my account.

Ever since Meg Whitman got her greedy paws on eBay, it's gone
downhill. Is she still in charge over there, or did the shareholders
finally run her off?

Best regards,

MikeG

--
Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)
Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com