[meteorite-list] ebay restriction on international auctions of meteorites?

From: Gary Fujihara <fujmon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 12:57:33 -1000

Aloha,

I was working on inputing my lineup of offerings on ebay's scheduler, when I received the following emails from ebay stating they are removing the international site visibility feature. Here's what the message says:

> You recently created or revised this eBay listing that included the International Site Visibility feature:
>
> 230676640288 NEW! NWA 6929 H4 (S2,W2) 2.77g Meteorite Full Slice,
>
> However, we had to remove International Site Visibility from your listing. Of course, we won't be charging you the fee for it.
>
> Because the laws and eBay policies vary by country, sometimes items that can be listed in your country can't be listed internationally. It's also possible that the listing itself violated an eBay policy in another country. In situations like this, we automatically remove the International Site Visibility feature from the listing.
>
> We're sorry for the inconvenience this causes.

Anyone else experience this? I never have.

Gary Fujihara
Big Kahuna Meteorites (IMCA#1693)
105 Puhili Place, Hilo, Hawai'i 96720
http://bigkahuna-meteorites.com/