[meteorite-list] Denver Mineral Show

From: Peter Davidson <P.Davidson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 09:11:47 +0100

Dear List

The show is just over a week away and I am looking forward to it and to meeting some old friends and, perhaps, making a few new ones. If anyone is going to the Merchandise Mart, be sure to check out my wee exhibit on Russian minerals from the collections of the museum.

Apropos a recent e-mail thread on this list concerning a certain showdown in Colorado, can I just add here, for your information, that the word lunatic derives from the Latin word Luna - the moon. It is in allusion to the, at one time, widely held belief that staring at the Moon for any length of time will drive you mad. I am not sure if this also applies to Lunar rocks and meteorites - whether they are real or false! Still, best to take no chances.

See you soon

Peter Davidson
Curator of Minerals
?
Department of Natural Sciences
National Museums Collection Centre
242 West Granton Road
Edinburgh? EH5 1JA
Scotland
Tel: 00 44 131 247 4283
E-mail: p.davidson at nms.ac.uk

The National Museum of Scotland is now open. Thousands of new discoveries in our bigger, better museum. www.nms.ac.uk/scotland <http://www.nms.ac.uk/scotland>

National Museums Scotland, Scottish Charity, No. SC 011130
This communication is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the addressee please inform the sender and delete the email from your system. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of National Museums Scotland. This message is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 and Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. No liability is accepted for any harm that may be caused to your systems or data by this message.