[meteorite-list] Silly-sounding Meteorite Names

From: dorifry <dorifry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 15:22:11 -0400

"Mayday", "Mayday", "Menow'" "Needmore" meteorites. I'll sail my "Skiff"
down the "Little River" at "Dawn" and pay a "Ransom" in "Loot" if I have to.
I "Felt" it's an "Enigma", but I "Grant" you, the "Navajo" "Old Woman"
named "Dora" "Rosario" likes to read "Thoreau" and "Ulysses" while viewing
Ed "Hopper", "Toulouse" Latrec and "Vincent" Van Gogh watercolors at her
"Social Circle". I'll ride my "Bronco" named "Pep" with a "Silver Bell" or
"Bells" on, to the "Rodeo", stopping only to "Pooposo" often. If you want to
fight about it, meet me under the "Oak" "Lone Tree" on the "Round Top" of
"Duel Hill" or along "Gun Creek". I'll bring my "Sharps" .50 caliber rifle
to call your "Bluff". After my "Bath" in "Beaver Creek" we can kibbitz and
kvetch about "Ybbsitz". I could go on forever like this, but I have to meet
my old friend "Cocklebiddy" "Cockburn" out on "Rabbit Flat" by the "Crab
Hole". We're going to sit on a "Loop" "Blanket" and drink some "Modoc" or
"Chateau Renard". After we break "Sleeper Camp" we're going to "Ski" down
"Alan Hills" to the "Temple" to celebrate our "Success". Maybe we'll give
"Sterling" Webb a call to discuss the "Delphi" "Credo". If it doesn't
"Thunda" and lightning, we can look for the lost "Dingo Pup Donga". Or we
could listen to some "Otis" day and the Knights while watching old episodes
of "Chico" and the Man.

"Kybunga" surfer dudes!

Phil Whitmer
Joshua Tree Earth & Space Museum