[meteorite-list] Bad camera location ... AGAIN

From: Matson, Robert D. <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 14:23:03 -0700

As seems to happen with every new fall, I find significant discrepancies
between reported All-Sky camera locations, and the coordinates that the
camera operators claim for their cameras. In the case of the Soest, Germany,
camera, I did not have the camera coordinates yesterday, so I just used
the center of Soest, Germany. But according to the operator's website:

http://www.chief-impactor.de/meteorcam/index.html

the camera is at 50?42'38"N, 7?22'44"E, 250m. If you plot this on a map,
it is NOWHERE NEAR Soest -- it's in Buchholz, 60 miles to the southwest
of Soest! So which is right for this camera -- the city name or the
coordinates?

--Rob