[meteorite-list] Hammer hammers!

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 23:44:44 +0100

The history of hammers?

Hits for "hammer" used for meteorites as,well, as hammers, per year of this
list:

2001 zero
2002 2 (Captain B. commercial)
2003 24 (mainly Park Forest & dealers)
2004 4 (Worden article)
2005 10 (mainly jokes about the "hammers" concept)
2006 103 (eeek, it went out of control!)
2007 116
2008.... iiih it's too horrible to continue!

Walter, Walter, what have you done???!!!

Kids, I declare the year 2006, to be that year, when the "hammer" was
invented.

...and since then, we have to pay suddenly 3-10 times more for the good ol
falls afflicted
and each and every falls-addicted prays, whenever the news of a possible
fall or shower goes round, that no crumb hasn't hit anything else but the
ground, for him being able still to afford a little piece.

It started as a harmless fun and was turned into a very successful marketing
campaign.
Respect!

And we're singing: Hit the Road, Jack!

;-)
Martin

PS: The holes hysteria wasn't so everlasting.
Maybe we could combine them..
Hammers with holes, which hit holes...