[meteorite-list] Little Hope For Stuck Phobos Grunt Probe

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 03:16:09 -0500 (EST)

"Now, inquiring minds want to know---are you speaking from expierence??"

Hi John,

As far as grunt work who hasn't at one time or another - In my case as
a young chemist my first job involved major grunt-work exercising
non-ideal gaseous equations of state for different chemical compounds
in the upper atmosphere.

The grunt-work paid off though and was great fun and that nerdy stuff
led to a successful project to formulate #5 for Channel, which then ...

... unexpectedly led to demonstrating the fine spray patterns as the
young face of technical service when visiting the top fragrance
companies; being introduced to a wild sales force and given a company
charge card in the era that no one audited our expense reports as long
as we left the clients happy.

Hope that satisfies the inquiry!

What's wrong with the world today is that no one wants to grunt
anymore, but those that do get their hands dirty are frequently
admirable achievers:

http://www.lindseypollak.com/archives/why-%E2%80%9Cgrunt-work%E2%80%9D-matters

Kindest wishes
Doug