[meteorite-list] Cleaning a heavy iron meteorite

From: Richard Montgomery <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 17:24:26 -0800

Hello Guenther! While the intrigue is like seeing the ultimate present
under the tree....I'm suggesting you re-consider cutting it (perhaps filing
a small window instead, a few cmsxcms) since it is such a great find and
stands on it's own.

We all have different thoughts about this, if I may be so bold to speak for
others....(now my own aesthetic is showing up, as I love the original
conditions of everything as found)....although once a window is seen and if
it turns out to be something other than an OC....

If it were my find, I'd always look back and remember it the way is arrived.
Finding something so spectacular is stellar and pretty durn rare!!!!

With respect,
Richard M