[meteorite-list] Radio Meteor Listening- Any list members into it?

From: Art <blurtheline_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 08:59:23 -0700

Hi Mike;

On a related note, I listen to VLF from time to time when camping out
in Anza Borrego and Joshua Tree - mostly for natural sounds like
"tweeks", "whistlers", and "sferics". As Jim mentioned it can be a
bit boring so what I do is keep my receiver and headphones next to my
cot before going to sleep. I set an alarm for 4am so that I can slip
on the headphones and turn on the radio. Then I just listen for an
hour or two before getting out of my sleeping bag and starting the day
- works great! (very early morning seems to be the best time to listen
out here)

Here's a good resource for natural VLF listening (this guy makes the
radio that I use): http://www.auroralchorus.com/

Best Regards, Art