[meteorite-list] 2 Newly Approved Falls : Kemer (Turkey) 2008 and Mason Gully (Aus) 2010

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 20:29:57 -0400

Hi Listees and Fall Collectors,

For those keeping score at home, two newly approved falls have been
added to the Met Bulletin. I don't recall either of these fall events
generating much chatter, but here are they are nonethless, and adding
to last year's total of four (which is still awaiting approvals on
Breja and Kosice to make six.)

Kemer - http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/metbull.php?code=53654

Mason Gully - http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/metbull.php?code=53653

I have added them to my Recent Meteorite Falls page -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/pages/falls

Notes - Kemer fell in the same month as Daule, less than 3 weeks
apart. Kemer is the first witnessed fall of an L4 in the 21st
century.

Mason Gully fell exactly one day before Mifflin.

Best regards,

MikeG

Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com