[meteorite-list] Confused about IMCA

From: Elizabeth Warner <ewarner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 09:06:13 -0400

If IMCA is supposed to be for collectors, how does being an IMCA member
help with selling?? Shouldn't there be an IMSA then??

However, as I read through the IMCA website, it is more about
selling/trading...

I collect only, but it doesn't look like I would be able to join since I
don't sell which seems odd since IMCA in it's description says it is
about COLLECTING...

I really have nothing against IMCA, but as a 'newbie' it is very
confusing. I have been on this list since early 2010, I've bought some
slices, etc from both IMCA and non-IMCA sellers (but mostly IMCA)...

Anyone should be able to join IMCA, but sellers/traders should then have
the specially vetted badge showing that they follow the
values/standards/ideals stated by IMCA.

Clear Skies!
Elizabeth