[meteorite-list] sick of people pussyfooting around the scammers for fear of litigation

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 04:35:37 -0700 (PDT)

Jim, This is one of the issues that has lead to my self-resignation from the IMCA (mostly I cannot justify spending $25 bucks to an organization that will not openly post their financial statement yearly as I have openly requested now for years- this speaks volumes to me about honesty and authenticity). I do not need a "seal of approval" from the organization to show that I am honest or knowledgeable about meteorites. The "Mifflin Case" is but a tip of the iceberg of substituted meteorites that I am aware of but there is no "proof" as in scientific analysis. Please NOTE the "Mifflin Case" was not even cracked by a then member of the IMCA (although aided).
Sincerely, Dirk Ross....Tokyo

This post should be taken as a public resignation as a "Member in Good Standing" from the IMCA. Dirk Ross 9MAY2011

Do not get me wrong; there are many fine members in the IMCA and Authenticity IS most important but handing out "sales licences" to many under-experienced new members IS not working and should NOT be the function of the IMCA.