[meteorite-list] Oxygen isotopes

From: Jim Wooddell <jimwooddell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 09:50:16 -0700

Good Morning Laurence, Carl and the list,

I am interested in this thread and honestly, I think Laurence's
estimate on labor rates is a tad bit low although I understand it was
a guesstimate. Typical loaded labor rates is very high if all is
considered...hourly wages/med benefits/retirement plans, etc.

A couple of things I am interested includes how are these departments
are funded?? Where does the money come from to support the
departments?
Secondly, comparing to the early 1990's, how many meteorites were
studied/processed then compared with today?? And, how much has
technology advanced the state of the art? Does the specimen owner
actually get charged any of the costs of the testing?

Kind Regards,

Jim Wooddell