[meteorite-list] The Sky Calls To Us

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 00:14:16 -0700

A Glorious Dawn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSgiXGELjbc

The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day,
venture to the stars.
If you wish to make an apple pie, you must first invent the universe.
The brain has it's own language for testing the structure and
consistency of the world.
How lucky we are to live in this time, the first moment in human history
when we are, in fact, visiting other worlds.
A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise, a
morning filled with 400 billion suns. The rising of the Milky Way.
The surface from the Earth, is the shore of the cosmic ocean. Recently
we've waded a little way out and the water seems inviting.

The sky calls to us.

? Carl Sagan

The Wonder of Meteorites.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5oknQjqQuw

Enjoy...

Regards,
Eric

P.S. Thanks go out to Darren Garrison for the original post to list (a
long while back) introducing list members to the "Symphony of Science"
video with Carl Sagan and Stephen Hawking titled "A Glorious Dawn"
without which I may not have found these wonderful series of videos. And
special thanks to Jeff Kuyken for creating "The Wonder of Meteorites"
video. A beautiful compilation, and the best meteorite video I've ever
had the pleasure of watching....

If you liked the Symphony of Science videos you can check it out on
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/melodysheep

Latest Video: Bang Goes the Theory
The more questions you answer, the more you find there is to investigate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VblqcRvN7-Y

That's the beauty of Science.