[meteorite-list] 8.9 Quake in Japan, 10 meter Tsunami, Hope Dirk and others are ok

From: Mark Ford <mark.ford_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 09:23:54 -0000

Hi,

> The facts are, as of a minute ago, that there has been no containment
vessel breach in any of the reactors. Therefore, there has been no
significant >release of radiation. Nobody...nobody.. has received an
exposure that would cause any measurable harm. I don't care what you've
read, seen, or heard.

I wouldn't exactly call 1.06 Sv/hr 'no significant radiation' .. (this
was measured outside the plant). but your right, the media have been
making some pretty silly statements, but then it's not exactly helped by
the 'lack' of accurate info coming from the Government of Japan either!

Mark