[meteorite-list] Help with Ebay bidding

From: Richard Montgomery <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 18:20:45 -0800

Hi List...

The ones I bought from 'this entity' who stated this answer via an ebay
question, "I won't list the weights so please don't ask"....however did
provide a cm/mm grid (in blue...ahem, so now we know)...

[So going in I did have and idea of what I was bidding on. Other clues
prevailed as well: knowing NWA801 well, already owning a few small
specimens from semi-cubes, slices and a really nice end-piece with
protruding chondrules...I was already familiar with associated size, based
on the chondrule size. So, it wasn't a blank purchase.]

With that as a preamble, I'd probably dig a bit deeper next time.

Curiously as well, I never received answers to common-hello-emails after the
purchase, no ID cards (although labeled on the box) nor feedback on the
ebay-machine, by far the most worrisome part of the whole thing, even after
a number of attempts. (One of the most rewarding things is the
correspondence subsequent...alas) But, as always, I lend the bennefit of
doubt to others. And, I'll re-state it again, as re-redundant as it is, I
am still pleased with the specimens!

At least they didn't have martian fossil blood-cells tainting the membrane
box :)

-Richard Montgomery