[meteorite-list] Help with Ebay bidding

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 12:55:29 -0500

Hi Paul, Richard and List,

In this case, I'd be a bit reluctant to bid. I often sell micromounts
by the piece, without weights. But, if someone asks me what a given
micromount weighs, I will weigh it accurately and reply with the
correct weight. If a person cannot provide an exact weight on
request, then that leads me to believe one of two things - the person
doesn't have a decent scale or the person doesn't take what they do
very seriously. Some micromounts are so small (especially the speck
variety), that weight is secondary to considerations like the buyer
being able to temporarily plug a hole in their collection with a
low-cost acquisition. Of course, certain very rare types and
historicals should be weighed, unless the speck is so small that
static electricity can move it. ;)

Best regards,

MikeG

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com