[meteorite-list] Meteorite Cards SUGGESTION

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 18:54:20 -0500

Hi David,

Great point, and that is why I collect these cards, even though they
do not prove authenticity or provenance in my mind. I enjoy seeing
the different cards that dealers and institutions use. Some are
artisitic, some are purely academic, and some have informative data on
them. So I do like getting a card with certain specimens, but they do
not provide any extra security or peace of mind (to me). Of course,
I really don't see the value in issuing cards for EVERY specimen,
including unclassified meteorites, and common meteorites like Campo
crystals or NWA 869 - these are so common and distinctive, that there
is no motive to forge or fake them.

Best regards,

MikeG

--