[meteorite-list] Asteroid 2011MD Bye-bye

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 23:52:57 -0500

Whoops! Actually, I was the "late" one. The orbital
elements for 2011 MD were updated several days
ago.
http://www.projectpluto.com/2011md.htm

The closest approach was re-calculated for not
13:30 UTC but 17:00 UTC and the point of closest
approach projected on the Earth shifted by some
50 degrees...

I missed the update and so did at least one news
outlet (The Mail & Telegraph, UK) who reported it
"late." The shame of it -- to do no better than a
newspaper!

Sterling K. Webb