[meteorite-list] Cosmic Ray Penetration

From: Eric Wichman <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 15:46:43 -0700

Hi all, I normally don't ask about these things because I can look it up
onlin. However, I'm writing an article, am in a time crunch, and need a
bit of quick help here finding the appropriate information.

I need to know how deeply cosmic rays penetrate into the body of any
given meteoroid, asteroid or comet. And of course the relationship to
composition and what effect composition has on the penetration depth. Do
different types of asteroid absorb cosmic rays at different rates? etc...

Thanks for any help on this you guys can provide.

Regards,
Eric