[meteorite-list] Moon Dust

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 21:44:08 -0400

Hi Stuart and List,

That is true about the Manhattan Project, but look how long that
secret lasted. The Soviets penetrated the project and Klaus Fuchs
stole the secrets in less than 2 years. That secret, involving a
fraction of the people the Apollo program did, didn't last nearly as
long as the supposed 40-year+ secret of the faked moon landings.

I can understand having a distrust of the government, but the Apollo
program went far beyond the military and the government. In fact, it
was the opposite of a secret - we wanted the whole world to know what
we were doing. Out of all the "evidence" the conspiracy people put
forth to debunk the landings, they never address how so many people
could keep their big mouths shut for so long. It's the biggest gaping
hole (pun intended) in their arguments.

I have an old high school friend who is a professor at our local
university, and he firmly believes that the moon landings were faked.
We have discussed it more than once, and he won't budge on his belief.
 He is a very intelligent person, but yet he persists in his belief of
the conspiracy.

To bring this back to meteorites - we have numerous lunar samples
(Apollo and meteorite) that have been analyzed by dozens (hundreds?)
of reputable scientists at respected institutions and not a single one
of them has come out on the side of the conspiracy theorists. Are we
to believe that scientists such as Ted Bunch, Randy Korotev and others
are also involved in this conspiracy?

The ability of this conspiracy theory to persist in the face of
irrefutable evidence to the contrary is proof that some people will
believe anything - if it validates some prejudice or deeply-held
belief that they hold. Some people are convinced that the government
is evil. Some people are convinced that aliens run the world. Some
people think that aliens built the pyramids and that the Nazca lines
are landing strips for UFO's. Heck, look at how many books that kook
Von Daniken has sold!

What I want to know is, if the Apollo astronauts didn't land on the
Moon, then where did they go? Millions of people watched them blast
off and leave Earth. Tens of thousands witnessed the launch in
person. The Soviets must be in on the conspiracy also, because their
military tracked our every move during the landings. If any entity
had a reason to expose such a lie, the Soviets would have gladly outed
the secret, if it was indeed true.

Well, I better sign off, my Pleiadean masters are summoning me for an
interstellar meeting. ;)

Best regards,

MikeG

--
Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)
Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com