[meteorite-list] Currently used classification scheme - Divisions

From: Jim Wooddell <jimwooddell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:18:11 -0700

Thanks Jeff and Michael!

I had not seen David Weir's page....I see some new reading about to
happen here! Thank you for that. Quickly scanning over it, I do see
some new stuff I have not read before.
Jeff, your vote would make the process come full circle, in a way, as
I understand the first ever classification was Chondrite and
Non-Chondrite! Then later changed to iron, stony-iron and stone (I
wonder if that is where Geoff got his company name from...Aerolite?).
Of course, what falls under those terms has changed.

I think I am trying to swim in mud!

Cheers!

Jim Wooddell