[meteorite-list] DaG 402 and DaG 477 paired???

From: John.L.Cabassi <John_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 08:22:42 -0700

G'Day Daniel

 http://www.encyclopedia-of-meteorites.com/meteorite.aspx?id=5950

Cheers John Cabassi
Imca2125

-----Original Message-----
From: meteorite-list-bounces at meteoritecentral.com
[mailto:meteorite-list-bounces at meteoritecentral.com] On Behalf Of Dan
Furlan
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2011 12:19 AM
To: met-list
Subject: [meteorite-list] DaG 402 and DaG 477 paired???

Hello everybody, does anybody know if DaG 402 is paired with DaG 477 i
found lots of pictures online of DaG 477 but i cant seem to find any any
of DaG 402.. i own some DaG 477 and they look just like the pictures i
see online etc ive had them for a while.. I also have some DaG 402.. i
am uploading stuff for sale on my website and when i checked my DaG 402
and my DaG 477 they look practically the same.. same weathering.. same
matrix, same percentage of Iron flecks same distribution of chondrules
etc... if i didn't know any better i would think they are the same
meteorite but i cant seem to find much information on DaG 402 online and
the only real difference is the outer crusts with the level of
weathering as DaG 477 seems a bit more weathered but still the insides
are almost identical...maybe im having trouble finding pictures of DaG
402 because its not as popular as DaG 477 who knows but if anybody owns
some can you send me a picture or maybe point me to where i can see a
picture online online of DaG 402 that would be great really. ?I have a
feeling tleshey are paired but there is no real evidence of this online
anywere and i dont want to be making any wild assumptions until i can
find out for sure from somebody..

Daniel Furlan
Visit the Archives at
Meteorite-list mailing list