[meteorite-list] Free Shipping

From: mmartin at meteoritetreasures.com <mmartin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 02:04:09 -0500

Hi Chris & List,

I've had many say that Hawaii doesn't count. I guess they failed 3rd
grade geography.

I am constantly frustrated with ignorant sellers who charge more for
shipping to Hawaii. Especially for Priority Mail. Hawaii is part of
the US and therefore flat rate is the same cost! And First Class
price differences are minimal/ Oftentimes people try to charge way
more...sigh...

Many listings often say "will ship to lower 48 contiguous states only"
...I often wonder why...lazy I guess. They more often than not use
USPS too...such a pity...I take my business elsewhere.

Hawaii is often treated like a foreign country when it comes to
shipping. I sympathize with your frustration, Chris.

Matthew Martin
Meteorite Treasures
www.meteoritetreasures.com

I wish dealers especially on EBay wouldn't advertise "Free Shipping"
when it only applies to U.S.customers. The rest of us (non U. S.) get
hit with high shipping costs.

Chris Spratt
(Via my iPhone)