[meteorite-list] San Juan Capistrano

From: Jim Wooddell <jimwooddell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 05:31:49 -0700

Hi Jason!

I just had to comment....

When I hunt Franconia, I always wonder what could have been found
where the train track, the freeway, and the housing development are
now located!! One of my larger stones was found 75 yards from the
freeway pavement and it's prime hunting area!
I think Ruben found a 5 pound stone in the same area.
In another area, prime for hunting, some yahoo took a tractor and it
looks like they plowed an entire area up....probably covering up stuff
from the construction of the freeway. I have found meteorites on both
side of this plowed up area.

So while the strewnfields are often huge, any development in them
reduces the possibility of some good finds!

It seems on this one in the list however, does not have a strewnfield.

Cheers!

Jim Wooddell
http://desertsunburn.no-ip.org