[meteorite-list] A gem among weathered unclassified orphans?

From: Phil Morgan <roxfromspace_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:16:12 -0600

Thanks for the responses.

Here is one more picture taken more straight-on if anyone is
interested. Gives a better feel for the actual color:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/pkmorgan/postingpics/achond1.jpg

I know it's a long-shot but there are tiny grains of bright, shiny,
silver metal. I would say magnetic attraction is slightly less than
the average LL.

Would hematite or something in the family contain free iron grains?
Even if so, wouldn't they be fairly strongly attracted to a magnet?

Thanks again - always something new to learn and explore,
Phil