[meteorite-list] Offtopic Filter

From: Jim Wooddell <jimwooddell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 07:37:20 -0700

Hello Bob and list,

I understand. However, every email list I've owned, moderated or have
been a member of for the last 27 years strays off tangent. It's a
human thing and it's healthy. And, I am one to believe freedom is a
terrible thing to loose. I am not in favor of throttled or group
filters, just because someone has whatever issue about a topic, thus
the reason for my response. If one has an issue with a particular
thread or threads, it's very easy in most client applications to
create filters to filter out or in what a person wants to see without
group intervention putting harsh restrictions on everyone in a list.
For example, I do not like to see most advertisements. So without
restricting anyone else, I simply filter them with keywords in my own
client that work 90% of the time! It's does not restrict or limit
anyone point of view except for me. If folks are having issues, as
what was stated, shuffling through gobs of emails, then use the client
filters, that's what they are for! They are powerful effective tools
and will solve the issue at hand! ;)

I very much enjoy the relaxed moderation the list owners bring to this
list and for the most part, enjoy reading much of what is posted! Not
trying to be an A__, just do not like freedoms taken away. Have a
great day!

Best!

Jim Wooddell