[meteorite-list] OT - Happy Crab Nebula Day!

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 23:15:42 -0400

It ought to be Julian since that was in effect ... or else all the
references would have to say something about the re-adjustment of the
date, but that's just an opinion! In astronomy, generally the 1582
conversion is respected by astronomers if I recall - I.e., before that
time events are on the Julian Calendar, and afterwards Gregorian, even
if they nation of the observation was still on the Julian date; usually
that doesn't matter and by convention the expression I time I believe
changes in 1582. Jean Meeus's incredibly useful books, if I had them
would have an excellent discussion of the subject, but I don't have my
references with me. Some other list member could look it up as Meeus'd
be the expert.

Best wishes
Doug