[meteorite-list] Moon/Earth impact rates

From: John Lutzon <jl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 00:17:49 -0400

Sterling,

My ball-peen hammer and Schwinn are ready to go.

On a serious note, i'm All for trying to figure out what's going on and has
gone "out there"--however, i also believe "we" should fund many more studies
to figure out what has already happened "here". For many years people
discarded the puzzle fit of S. America and Africa--well lo and behold the
Palisades + Europe. Now, just look at the gulf of Mexico--is it possible
that this was a major impact site and the Chicxulub impact was secondary??.

John