[meteorite-list] Moon/Earth impact rates

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 22:25:46 -0500

John,

You got one of those funny little hammers?

We're running low on those hammers. All the monofuel
Humvees are checked out for months in advance. However,
there are five solar-powered inflatable-box RV's sitting
in the shed having the dust cleaned off. They're available.

They make about 250 klicks a day with their 30 square
meters of panel. They follow the GPS Autotrails, and if
you see anything interesting, you can stop and let it
charge while you bike over and check it out. With those
high fat knobbly tires, you can cover a lot of ground in
0.37 gee just by pedaling.

If you decide to stay out past the 30-day mark of the RV's
supply inventory, the flyers can drop you a Supply Ball,
but you have to chase it down after it finishes bouncing!

The RV's hold four, so bring a couple more geologists and
a paleontologist. Maybe you'll find the first fossil.

Sounds good, doesn't it?

Sterling K. Webb