[meteorite-list] Angrites was Do Angrites Originate from Mercury?

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 21:57:31 -0500

Hello list,
I have been attending this Tucson Gem show every year since 1989 and today tops them all.
Today at the Tucson Gem show I just saw the most amazing meteorite I have ever seen before. ET has on display the main mass of D'Orbigny. I thought I'd seen everything. Seeing this meteorite up close blew me away.
If their really is a *king* of angrites then D'Orbigny has got to be the *God of Angrites*.Perhaps the God of all meteorites.
pictures don't do this thing justice. It is a must see. Absolutely amazing.
No need to even try to post a picture. You just have to see it in person. Huge Pale colored opaque Olivine crystals. Yes Opaque olivine. And ET is one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet.
Carl .
--
Carl or Debbie Esparza
Meteoritemax