[meteorite-list] Meteoritists: Do Angrites Originate from Mercury?

From: Walter Branch <waltbranch_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 20:54:30 -0500

Hello Everyone,

As the subject line indicates, I would like to know what the scientists on
the list think about the idea that the Angrites parent planet is the planet
Mercury. I would really like to know their opinion. Yes. No. Maybe?

And why or why not? Characteristics of magnetism, oxygen isotopic ratios,
density, chemical composition? What have you.

What are the data to support your conclusion?

I would very much like to hear from scientists who have actually handled
this material. Not non-scientists (such as myself), scientist wannabes,
scientists spokespeople, name droppers, etc. Just scientists.

Thanks,

-Walter Branch