[meteorite-list] Seeking Impact Materials

From: Robert Beauford <robertbeauford_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 16:42:40 -0800 (PST)

Dear friends,
I would like to put together an educational collection of impact materials. I need examples of a variety of impactites. I've got tektites and moldavite, but would like partial melts, highly shocked materials, breccias, suevites, and so on, with their crater of origin (and preferably location in relation to the crater). I particularly need materials that will show microscopic shock alteration features in thin section. I recently collected a quantity of really nice coherent samples of KT boundary material from the legendary outcrops near Trinidad, in Southern Colorado, and would be happy to send a provenanced piece of this, along with my sincere thanks, to anyone that is willing to send me nice, labeled materials that I can use.

Please reply off list, and I will supply my personal mailing address and get yours (if you are interested in the KT material in return).
Thank you, in advance, for your assistance.
-Robert Beauford