[meteorite-list] (OT) GPS POI files for Tucson and Southern Arizona

From: Richard Kowalski <kowalski_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 12:57:27 -0700

Apologies for this cross posting this semi off topic message, but I know there
are people on each of these lists that might have an interest in this, but they
are not on more than one of the lists I'm sending this to, so this seemed most
efficient...

For those of you who will be attending the Gem, Fossil & Mineral shows here in
Tucson starting next week, I have created a Point of Interest file for use in
personal GPS devices that has the location for each of the 40 plus shows, broken
down by both show name and location name.

For those coming for their first "show", I think you'll this file will
indispensable to help you find your way around to the various shows. If you are
a show regular, you may find that the file is still useful helping you find this
year's brand new show locations, or find those more obscure shows you haven't
been to before.

This file, "Tucson Gem, Mineral & Fossil Showcase" can be found on the excellent
site POI-Factory at: http://www.poi-factory.com/node/24678

In addition to this file, I have also created several others that may be of
interest to those of you who visit Tucson for business and pleasure. One is for
those interested in Astronomy and others are of a more general interest.

"Optical Valley- Tucson, Arizona" is the astronomy specific file. It contains
the locations and descriptions of every professional telescope in the Tucson and
Southern Arizona as well as a few locations on the University of Arizona campus.
(No amateur sites or commercial telescopes are included)

Lastly, I've created a few files that can be used by general visitors and
residents alike.

Optical Valley - http://www.poi-factory.com/node/17651
Tucson & Southern Arizona Attractions - http://www.poi-factory.com/node/31932
Saguaro National Park East & West - http://www.poi-factory.com/node/17355

All of these files may be downloaded for free as can most of the other files on
that site.
Most of my files are generated in the Garmin GPX format, but there are a number
of software programs that can make a conversion for you if your unit does not
handle the GPX format.

I've created several more "Tucson files" and there are many created by others
that could be useful for people visiting the area, so be sure try more than just
my files.

I'm in no way associated with the Poi-Factory website, but it is a friendly,
helpful site that is free and has NO advertising on it. I real rarity in this
day and age.

--
Richard Kowalski
Catalina Sky Survey