[meteorite-list] Meteorites 101-The Bolide and the Nuclear Bomb

From: Barrett <BarrettWF_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 18:10:57 -0700

SIMPLY put; (excerpt and disected from ENCYCLOPEDIA OF PHYSICS)

ENERGY is the ability to produce work. It is a certain abstract scalar
quantity that an object is said to possess. It is NOT something that is
directly observable.
Some say it is a process of gravity.
WORK is the transference of energy from one object to another by a force
from one on the other when that second object is displaced by the force.
FORCE is the release of energy to another object.

As clear as the Mississippi River now huh?

-Barrett