[meteorite-list] Organics on Mars

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 07:20:36 -0800 (PST)

The problem with these data is that the Atacama Desert is considered to be a sterile environment with no microbes in the soil as well.
You can have organics but that's nowhere near the same as having life.
So they have proved that there may be organics in the perchlorate rich soil of mars, just as there is in Atacama.
Big deal.
Unless they stumble across a previously unknown temperate belt on Mars as well, I'm not going to be preparing to sell my SNCs to people with more money than sense just yet.

Rob McC