[meteorite-list] Shattercone?

From: Larry Atkins <thetoprok_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 13:03:57 -0500

Thanks for the congrat's, Bernd.

I was quite surprised when I looked down and saw it. The funny thing is
that when you look for things you tend to find them. A friend was with
me at the time and I told him to be on the lookout for anything out of
the ordinary, artifacts, odd rocks, etc.. A minute or two later I had
the eureka moment when I spotted this shattercone falling out of the
hillside. My friend couldn't figure out what I was so excited about!
Some people just don't get it. : )

I should probably have it verified in some way and perhaps it could be
traced to its origin. I would love to know it's story. Perhaps someone
can enlighten me as to procedure for impact material reporting and such.

Happy New Year!

Sincerely,
Larry Atkins
IMCA # 1941