[meteorite-list] Shattercone?

From: Dave Myers <whitefalcons007_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 16:16:25 -0800 (PST)

Hi Larry and List!

I only live 1 hour. away from the Serpent mound crater and have deer hunted
there for years, before I new anything about meteorites and

shatter cones and even before I knew there was a crater there. The rocks
there are (yellow-tan) and the shatter cones from that area are the same color!

But your stone looks a lot like a shatter cone that I have seen!

This spring I will go too Brush creek (edge of serpent mound), Adams county Ohio
and try to find my own shatter cones.

Looks like a great stone Larry!congrats!

Dave