[meteorite-list] Congratulations Todd Parker

From: wahlperry at aol.com <wahlperry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 23:46:47 -0500 (EST)

Hi List,

I would like to congratulate Todd Parker on his new Arizona chondrite
discovery. I had the pleasure of hunting with Todd Parker and Larry
Atkins recently in the Arizona desert. While Larry and I were sitting
on a hill taking a water break with Brix, Larry's phone rang with a
very excited Todd on the other end. We could see him down below us, so
we quickly rushed over to see what he had found. We saw a beautiful
chondrite in situ. Todd was recording his find and preparing to take a
photograph when Brix ran up and gave the meteorite a sniff and a lick.
Todd was the first one to see the meteorite and Brix was the first (and
only) one to lick it! : ) It is a 30-40 gram chondrite with fusion
crust and visible metal flakes on on the broken end. It looks like
Lawrence may have another meteorite to classify from Arizona.
Congratulations Todd!

Link to pictures below.

http://www.nevadameteorites.com/nevadameteorites/ORDINARY_CHONDRITES.html

Sonny