[meteorite-list] Pat's Stabilizing Process {was: The

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 23:28:00 -0700

Just keep in mind that sodium hydroxide is a key ingredient in making
methamphetamine. That's why Red Devil lye is no longer available. A lot of
what is now sold as "lye" actually contains deliberate contaminants, and if
you try buying pure lye you might attract law enforcement notice, especially
if you buy pounds of it.

It is perfectly legal to buy and possess, of course. But you might find a
few extra patrols driving past your house! <g>

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com